boootiful brownies

I am a sick ticket. Sick for Halloween, candy corn, marshmallow Peeps, and baking. You know when you get that wicked (no pun intended with the upcoming holiday and everything ;) urge to bake brownies? The Baker One-Bowl ones? Yeah, that was last night. And what better way to jazz up a tray of chocolate deliciousness than with candy corn and Peeps? There's no better way.

I have a soft spot for those Baker One-Bowl Brownies, and I am sure that many of you feel the same way. To me, they are the Gold Standard brownie recipe, and not many brownies can compare to them. In my 21 years of living, the only brownies that have even come close to Baker One-Bowlers are the ones baked up from the packaged (yes, packaged) Ghiradelli brownie mix. The one that you can get at your neighborhood Costco. The one that makes a 13 foot x 5 foot batch of brownies. Nahhh, you get your usual 13 inch x 9 inch tray of deliciousness from the Ghiradelli package...but everything is so ginormus from Costco, you would think that you'd make brownies that big, would you not? ;)

So my Aunt Vicki promised me two things when I was born: to always supply me with packs of gum, and to buy me Peeps for no reason at all. Don't ask, this has been a long-running joke between her and me for the longest time. Anyway, I discovered a packaged of Halloween-inspired Peeps that she had given to me a few weeks ago in my kitchen cupboard, and I thought...how amazing would it be to put Peeps on brownies? On brownies with candy corn in them! Basically, Halloween at its finest.

So these Peeps totally had faces on them...that is, before they were melted away by their Oven Death. So sad, so sad. However, they still tasted delicious despite their funny-looking faces. And my housemates didn't seem to mind their slight deformity, either.

Bootiful Brownies aka Baker's One Bowlers

4 squares unsweeted chocolate
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup candy corn

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is all the way melted. Stir in sugar. Add all remaining ingredients and mix that puppy well. Stir in candy corn. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes. During the last 3 minutes of baking, smoosh on marshmallow ghost Peeps. Don't overbake!!!

Comments

Heather said…
ahhh!! so adorable! i love it!
Lizzy said…
I love it, patti! By the way, I finally added you as a blog to follow on my blogger. :)

Popular Posts