cinnamon granola muffin FAIL

I really don't know what my problem has been lately. I've always got high hopes for these muffin creations (aka pseudo desserts) I bake, and then they come out so disappointing. Meh. It's probably due to the fact that I like experimenting and substituting ingredients wayyy too much. Which means that I fall into the trap of Substitution Fail all too frequently. Oh well. The fun's in the learning and baking, right? :)

So the story behind these guys? Anita made ah-mazing peach muffins last week and while I did not have peaches on hand, I thought that the muffins would be great when the peaches were left out since the batter was really cinnamon-y and delicious.

Well, good idea, but then I had been looking at the wrong recipe when I started baking the muffins, which meant that I melted a stick of butter when the real recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of veggie oil.

Whoops. Veggie oil and butter are not exactly the same on the viscosity level, if you haven't noticed. ;) So then I thought, "OH! A little bit of milk will soup-up the batter just a bit!" Yes, this is true, but probably should've used a full cup of milk instead of 1/2 cup.


The muffins tasted great right out of the oven, but this morning when I tried one, they were...

"Liiiiike a rock, they were as strong as they could be,
Ohhhhhhhhh, like a rock."


Name that tune. :) But yeah, these muffins are much better when warmed up in the microwave, but they could also be great devices to be thrown at the peak of your angriest moment. And it'd hurt, too.

But anyways, Easter is...FOUR DAYS AWAY!
YES YES YES. And then I can go back to successful baking once again. Phew. Can't wait. :)


Cinnamon Granola Muffins

Adapted from Peach Muffins from allrecipes.com

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven 400 degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soad, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, eggs, and sugar. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture just until moist. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.

Bake 25 minutes in oven, until a tooothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Devour. If you dare. o.O

Comments

Anonymous said…
But they look AWESOME!
Anonymous said…
But they look AWESOME!

Popular Posts