bruschetta

So let's continue with the parody of the Great Panini Grill. This lovely contraption can also be used to toast bread...and create those trademark grill-marks. I did this with mini bread rounds, some buttered and some pesto-ed, and then topped the rounds with tomato slices, fresh sliced basil strings, and mozzarella. And then they were baked-up in the oven until warm and the mozzarella melted.

I wasn't able to get any pictures of the finished results due to the untimely occurrence of a battery outage of replacement camera a la madre. :( Sigh...I really must start searching for a new camera, I cannot go on like this, being camera-less.

Anyway, I brought these over for New Year's Day dinner at my grandparents house, and they were TOTALLY CONSUMED by the end of the night. SUCCESS. But anyway, I think for another time, I'd like to smear some minced garlic on the toasts before baking them, just to add a little more garlic boost to the flavor. You can never have too much garlic. :)

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone!!! And I am proud to report that this is my 50th post on "patticake". How timely with the coming of the new year. :)

Comments

Popular Posts