a delicious birthday gift

Isn't it beautiful?! And delicious, too. This was my gift from Michael for my 22nd birthday, along with a sandwich-inspired cook book - more to come about this at a later date. But anyway, this was so good, it nearly put my dessert-creating skills to shame. Hmmm, this guy might be up to no good....hehe.

Anyway, this was SO SO good, and it wasn't even chocolate!! Mike added ground-up almonds to the shortbread-like crust, which made it really great. And then there was this cream cheese layer and a limeade-esque layer. To top it off, it was also a Paula Deen, Butter Queen recipe. You can't get much more delicious than that.

And I was going to take a picture of it in slice-form, but I remembered to do that right as I was placing the last bite into my mouth. Whoops. Maybe next time. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm so glad you liked the dessert! Next time I'm making one for our house... I didn't realize it would be sooooo good. BTW, the lemon pie you and Michael made is getting rave reviews.... not too sweet.... just perfect!
Patti said…
Oh, good! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

Popular Posts