chavadone extravaganza!

My family has a tradition around Easter of making this cholesterol laden thing called chavadone. My great-grandma, Pasqualina, used to make them, and both my grandma and mom have kept up the tradition over the years. Needless to say, I will be happy to keep the tradition going when I am a real-person with my own real-person family.

Sidetrack....wow. That scares me to think I will have my own real-person family someday. Eep. But that is another story for another day.......haha. But on the same note, I totally think it'd be awesome to name my first daughter Pasqualina after my great-grandma. I mean, sure, that'd be one helluva name for her to learn to spell in kindergarten, poor thang, but she could be called Lina for short. I like it. :)

Anyway, into chavadone goes: eggs, Munster cheese, ham, and raisins. Yes. You heard me right. Raisins. Now I know that might sound super strange, and I will admit that when I was little, I totally picked the raisins out of my chavadone slice before inhaling it. But for some reason, the raisins complement the salty ham flavor very well. Just trust me....you have to try it to believe it.

Who knew cracked egg shells could look so pretty? Or maybe I'm just weird and find beauty in the most random of things. :)

Anyway, I didn't get a shot of the actual baked chavadone, but they came out SO well. Super cheesy this year for some reason, but we definitely did not have a problem with that. Here's to another successful chavadone baking extravaganza! Nice work, mom. :)

Comments

Popular Posts