pork chop tostada! ole, ole, ole!

So in addition to no bread, I had no veggies in my apartment.  So I stopped at a local market to pick up a few (limited) supplies since it can run a tad expensive there.

Oh, and by the way, these tomatoes?  TO DIE FOR, OH GAWWWWD.  You have got to believe me.  I haven't tasted a tomato like this in years!  I think I could have eaten the entire container. Nom nom nom.

Next on the menu?  Avocados!  I just love the look of an avocado right after you open it up.  Gets me every time. :)

Then I mashed 'er up, threw in some leftover salsa that had been camping out in the fridge, chopped up a few of the grape tomatoes, sprinkled some garlic pepper, and guacamole was born.

Have I told you lately, guacamole, that I love you?  Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness....

Okay, okay, you get the picture. ;)

 
Mmmm, before and after pics.  So I had a leftover pork chop, and I chopped that puppy up and layered it like this:

Tortilla
Guac
Pork chop
Cucs and tomato deliciousness
Cheeeeeese

And then heated it up until the cheese had melted.

And the result was quite delicious. :)

Comments

Namira said…
And this is why I tend not to visit blogs that have food pictures... I'm so hungry now!!

Btw, you were in one of my dreams last night! I'll tell you about it later haha.

Popular Posts